Driver Ed Instructor Training & Continuing Education
Take your driver education instructor training or continuing education courses at Five Star Driving School.
Our new 2-hour online course is a great introduction for new instructors or a refresher course for continuing education credit.
Continuing Education Requirements
- Driver education instructors must complete at least 2-hours of continuing education each license cycle.
- You must complete the continuing education before your license expires.
- The courses must include driver education, driving safety, or instructional techniques.
- Any coursework taken must be completed, regardless of length.
- You may take continuing education offered by a licensed driver education provider.
The following activities can also be used to meet the continuing education requirements:
- Completion of in-service workshops, seminars, or conferences offered by a national, state, or regional organization. The subject matter must be related to driver education or teaching techniques.
- Public school continuing education programs for teachers if the subject concerns driver education or teaching techniques.
- Completing a school bus driver re-certification training course
- Once every three years, the following activities can be used to meet the requirements:
- Completion of a course provided by an accredited college or university specific to driver education or teaching techniques.
- Completion of a drug offender education program.